A sweet and delicate oatmeal bread topped with rolled oats, this recipe is primarily for grounding and prosperity. Its secondary attributes include happiness, love, and spirituality.
Soak the oats the full hour to get good results.
2 cups boiling water (purification)
1 cup rolled oats (grounding, prosperity)
1/2 cup honey (happiness, healing, love, lust, purification, spirituality, sweet things in life, weight loss, wisdom)
2 tablespoons butter (smooth relationships, spirituality, tenacity)
2 teaspoons salt (cleansing and purification, grounding, protection)
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (grounding, purification)
1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) (purification)
4 cups bread flour (fertility, grounding, prosperity, revealing hidden matters, consistency)
2 tablespoons honey, warmed slightly (happiness, healing, love, lust, purification, spirituality, sweet things in life, weight loss, wisdom)
2 tablespoons rolled oats (grounding, prosperity)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine boiling water, oats, 1/2 cup honey, butter and salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
3. Pour the yeast mixture into the oat mixture. Add 2 cups of flour; mix well. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 20 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form into round or oval loaves (or you can bake in loaf pans). Place the loaves onto a lightly greased jelly roll pan, dusted with corn meal. Cover the loaves with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Mark round loaves with solar cross or cut oval loaves to form a human shape.
5. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove loaves from pans, brush tops of loaves with 2 tablespoons honey and sprinkle with oats. Sit loaves on rack to cool.